Do you write a blog that is relevant to your industry? Would you like to automatically include your blog posts within your LinkedIn profile?
Blogs are a great way for you to show your expertise in a given industry or field. Also, the search engines love blogs because they are usually updated with fresh content on a regular basis.
To add your WordPress.com blog to LinkedIn, follow these easy instructions:
- Login to LinkedIn and choose Edit Your Profile.
- In between your main profile box and your summary, there will be a New Add Sections option.
- Click the +Add Sections link.
- You will see a number of options under Sections and Applications.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Applications list and you will see an option for WordPress. Click WordPress.
- Once the WordPress box shows up, click on “Add Application.”
- On the next page, you can choose whether or not to show your recent posts on your profile or LinkedIn home page. The default setting is to show in both places.
- Once you make your choice, you will then be directed to a page where you will simply enter the URL for your blog.
- There is a great feature that allows you to show all blogs or just blogs that are tagged “LinkedIn.” So, if your blog is about a number of different topics, but you would just like to highlight specific blogs dealing with business or your industry, make sure you choose that option and then make sure those blog posts use a tag for LinkedIn.
Congratulations – your blog is now included within your LinkedIn profile. Please note that this only works for blogs on WordPress.com and not those for wordpress.org.
LinkedIn Application Removal
If for some reason you have added the WordPress application and wish to remove it, hover over your name on the top right of the LinkedIn page and choose settings. Then, find the “Groups, Companies, and Applications” tab. Click on that and under Applications choose “View Your Applications >>.” On the next page, place a check mark in the box next to the application you would like to remove and then click the Remove button.
Connect to the Author on LinkedIn