NOTE: This feature has been discontinued by LinkedIn. Here are some other suggestions for ways to share your Reading List.
As a consultant or small business owner, it is vital that you highlight your area of expertise. One of the best ways to do this is to start a blog on topics related to your industry and expertise.
Another way to do this is to highlight your reading list. Show colleagues and potential clients that you are up to date on new information dealing with your industry by showing your reading list. The easiest way to do this is to add the Amazon Reading List application within LinkedIn. To do this, simply follow these instructions:
- Login to LinkedIn and choose Edit Your Profile.
- In between your main profile box and your summary, there will be a New Add Sections option.
- Click the +Add Sections link.
- You will see a number of options under Sections and Applications.
- Scroll towards the bottom of the Applications list and you will see an option for Reading List by Amazon. Click WordPress.
- Once the WordPress box shows up, click on “Add Application.”
- On the next page, you can choose whether or not to display your reading list on your profile or LinkedIn home page. The default setting is to show in both places.
- Once you have made your choice, hover over the More menu item and choose Reading List by Amazon.
- Simply type in the book or books you are currently reading. Keep this updated at a regular interval as you begin and finish new books.
Sharing your reading list is also a great way to make contacts with other LinkedIn members with similar interests. You can also keep an eye on what your other contacts have been reading.
Connect to the Author on LinkedIn