Do you have an important presentation that you would like to highlight on your LinkedIn profile? Do you have your portfolio within a slideshow presentation? Did you know you can show these on your LinkedIn profile?
To add a Google Presentation to your LinkedIn profile, follow these steps:
- Login to LinkedIn and choose Edit Your Profile.
- In between your main profile box and your summary, there will be a New Add Sections option.
- Click the +Add Sections link.
- You will see a number of options under Sections and Applications.
- Scroll towards the middle of the Applications list and you will see an option for Google Presentation. Click Google Presentation
- Once the Google Presentation box shows up, click on “Add Application.”
- On the next page, you can choose whether or not to display your Google presentation on your profile or LinkedIn home page. The default setting is to show in both places.
- Once you have made your choice, click the Add Application button on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Now, to add a presentation, you must have a Google Account. If you don’t have a Google Account, you can quickly set one up at this link – https://accounts.google.com/NewAccount
- Once you have a Google Account and have signed in, go to Google Documents (docs.google.com).
- Now, upload a presentation to your Google Documents area that you have created in any of these formats (.ppt, .pps, .pptx).
- Once this presentation is uploaded to your Google Documents area, go back to LinkedIn and follow the instructions for adding that presentation within your new Google Presentation application in LinkedIn.
Be creative with this area. If you are a photographer, use this to highlight your best photos. If you are a designer, highlight your projects. If you are an expert in a particular field, use this to show small parts of your best presentation so that your LinkedIn contacts can learn more about what you do.
Connect to the Author on LinkedIn