A website without a positioning strategy is like a billboard in the desert. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process by which a strategy is implemented into a website and overall online presence.
Strategy sessions consist of initial Advanced SEO research in three main areas:
- Existing user behavior analytics
- Keyword Research – how are people searching for your products, services, or ideas?
- Competitor Research – how have your competitors positioned their online presence?
Based upon this research, I generate a SEO Report the proposes a positioning strategy going forward. This report is discussed over phone or in person as part of a strategy session.
Final deliverables vary by organization, but most strategy sessions consist of the following:
- Keyword & competitor research and analytics
- A list of proposal keywords and key phrases to begin targeting
- Integration of the final positioning strategy into the new website
- A list of questions people use to search for relevant services, which can
be used within an FAQ section or as individual blog/news posts
- Suggestions on how to implement the strategy on social media and other 3rd-party platforms